Apollo High School Hosting UPS College Program Seminar
When I was going to the University of Louisville, my friend and roommate Julie worked for UPS and went to school. Since then, many people I know have worked for UPS while attending the University of Louisville. The company offers a really cool program that allows college students to earn money and get part of their higher education paid for in the process. And, later this month, Apollo High School is hosting an informational seminar for local high school students wanting to learn more about this opportunity.
The meeting is set for 6pm, Wednesday, February 28th at Apollo High School in Owensboro. The main focus of the meeting is to share information about the UPS Metropolitan College and UPS KY LOOP programs. The meeting is open to all current high school students and their families. In fact, according to a DCPS news release, the event is NOT limited to families affiliated with Apollo or Daviess County High School.
UPS representatives will be on hand with information about programs that can literally save students thousands of dollars in tuition and other college expenses. The possible benefits are amazing. Truly. Check this out!
The UPS Metropolitan College’s program offers the following benefits:
- 100 percent of tuition is paid for undergraduate Kentucky residents
- Tuition deferred – paid directly to the school upon successful completion of classes (earning grade C or better) and fulfillment of semester employment contract
- Stipend of up to $65 per class for required books/software
The KY LOOP Program offers the following benefits:
- 100 percent tuition paid to Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC)
- Housing provided at the Bellamy Apartments
- $65 per class book stipend
- Transfer option to the University of Louisville
For more information about the upcoming UPS seminar, contact Apollo High School's Jeremy Camron. Jeremy is the school's College and Career Readiness Counselor and is ready to assist students interested in learning more about the program. He can be reached at 270-852-7100 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org