Complete List of Kentucky Roads Closed Due to High Water
Rising river levels have forced the temporary closure of several roads in Henderson, Hancock, Daviess, and Union Counties, and with more heavy rain expected to fall across the entire Tri-State as the week goes on, it may be a while before they open up again.
According to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the closings apply to the following roads:
- KY 762 Water Over Road Signs Posted at 0 to 1mm at Daviess-Ohio County Line
- KY 334/River Road is CLOSED From the 11 to 14mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
- KY 136 in Ohio River Bottoms CLOSED from the 0 to 5mm due to Water Over Road—Signs Posted
- KY 3322 is CLOSED under the Twin Bridges at Ellis Park from 0 to 1mm- Signs Posted
- KY 268 is CLOSED between the 5 and 7mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
- KY 811 is CLOSED between the 2 and 5mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
- US 41 has message boards posted to alert motorists to deer crossing the roadway near Audubon State Park
- KY 667/Bottoms Road is CLOSED from the 5mm to the 11mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
- KY 1452 is CLOSED from the 0 to 2mm due to Water Over Road- Signs posted
- KY 1637 is CLOSED from the 0 to 1.1mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
- KY 130 is CLOSED from the 15 to 16mm due to Water Over Road- Signs Posted
The Transportation Cabinet is also encouraging drivers to keep their eyes open for an increase of deer crossing roads across the area has the seek higher ground to escape the flood waters.
[Source: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet]