Heart Health and Shaped by Faith
Exercising has taught me the importance of noticing how my body is feeling at all times. I have become so in tune with my body's mechanics that I know quickly when I have a problem. It's important for you to develop this kind of attention to your body, too, especially when it comes to your heart. Heart disease is one of the most common killers in America, and it's something we shouldn't take lightly.
Here are a few heart facts to keep in mind:
- One in three women die of heart disease each year, making it the number one killer.
- Even though cardiovascular disease accounts for 43 percent of all female deaths, few women view it as a significant health risk.
- Women who experience frequent symptoms related to heart disease may receive inadequate attention from health care providers compared to men because heart attack symptoms are different for women. So be persistent about getting the help you need.
- Each year, about 88,000 women ages 45–64, and about 372,000 women ages 65 and older, have a heart attack.
Factors that increase risk for heart disease:
- Smoking—About 21.2 million women smoke.
- High blood pressure—33 percent of women have hypertension, which affects about 2.5 million women.
- Overweight/Obese—62 percent of women are overweight, including those who are obese.
- Physical inactivity—More women than men are physically inactive, with 41 percent of women engaging in no leisure physical activity and more than 60 percent not meeting the recommended amount of at least thirty minutes a day of moderate physical activity such as walking.
I want to help you with your heart health!
Shaped by Faith Facebook page, Website & Blog is dedicated to helping people Shape their Bodies & Hearts for God's purposes. Maybe you need help with your physical heart and just need to know where to start or how to begin a fitness program? I will be happy to help you get started on your Physical journey. Just send me a message and let's talk about ways to get you started with physical activity.
I believe God has given us our Bodies on loan from Him and that it is our responsibility to take care of our bodies! God also gave us His Holy Spirit, and it is up to each of us to develop a close relationship with Him. If you need to know where to start on your journey with God, I will be glad to give you suggestions and share with you things that have helped me draw closer to Jesus Christ. Our personal stories can motivate people to keep moving forward regardless of our circumstances.
From personal experience I can tell you that God pursues each of us and it is up to us if we will allow Him to come into our Hearts and do the Transforming! I do not have all the answers, but I do know God does! Through prayer, reading the Word of God, devotions, meditating on the Word, I can guarantee you God will help with everything that concerns you. All you have to do is surrender all to Him and then let Him do the changing that needs to take place. It is actually easy once you decide to allow God to take over.
Every day I ask God to search my heart and to remove anything that does not serve or honor Him. It is a daily Heart workout and some days are much more challenging than others. With God helping and You listening to Him, Transformation takes place, it is that simple! Shaped by Faith is not just about Fitness, its about helping you to take care of Your Body, Mind & Spirit. It's about Whole Person Wellness with God leading us each step of the Way, His Way and His Will!
Are you ready for a Heart Change?
Please feel free to contact me on my website.
I will be more than glad to help you!