Resolutions From God’s Word [CHOOSING JOY]
This time of year is always reflective. We think about what we’ve accomplished and what’s not working. I can think of a few things I would like to improve about myself, but this year I’ve decided to look toward God’s Word for guidance on what my goals should be. My favorite part of the Bible is Psalm 119 and its verses have plenty to say about how I can live according to God’s standards.
“Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.” vs. 73
- As I study Your Word, I will focus my mind to understand.
“May those who fear You rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in Your word.” vs. 74
- To glorify You, I will build relationships with other believers.
“I know, Lord, that Your laws are righteous, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.” vs. 75
- I will listen and obey that small voice inside me that You use to convict.
“May Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant.” vs.76
- I will seek comfort from You, the Creator, not created things.
“Let Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight.” vs. 77
- I will let go of guilt because I know that You forgive me.
“May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on Your precepts.” vs. 78
- I will let You take care of convicting those with whom I have struggles.
”May those who fear You turn to me, those who understand Your statutes.” vs. 79
- I will talk about You and share Your stories with others to spread Your Word.
“May I wholeheartedly follow Your decrees, that I may not be put to shame.” vs. 80
- I will seek the guidance of Your Spirit in prayer each day.
To live a life that upholds these goals! Wow! Only by the grace of God! Praise God!