Skip Hard-to-Make Mashed Potatoes this Thanksgiving and Make Easy Cheesy Grits [RECIPE]
Thanksgiving is what, two days and some change away, right? Have you started planning your meal or side dish to take to your mother's house? That's what I thought...
But, no worries! I'm here to help! Instead of slaving away at peeling, boiling, and mashing potatoes this year or suffering through terrible instant potatoes, try this alternative. It's seriously delicious and EASY!
Easy Cheesy Grits will save you Thanksgiving! Now, you can do this one of two ways. You can make REAL grits - which are delicious - or you can make the instant. Instant grits are delicious too but they can harden up on you quickly. So, here's my suggestions for perfectly delicious instant grits.
1. These are so good, that you'll need about 1.5-2 packages per person. So, you'll probably need to buy two boxes (or more) boxes of Quaker Instant Butter Flavor grits.
2. Boil 1/2 cup water per package, then take it off the heat.
3. Add in grits. Mix until smooth.
4. Add one tablespoon of olive oil or butter per 3 packages of grits used.
5. Mix in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or more to taste) per box used. I like cheddar but you can doctor it up with parmesan, mozzarella, or colby.
6. Salt/Pepper and even a little paprika for color. BACON never hurt either...
7. MILK - after the cheese is added, let your grits sit for a few moments to cool. When they start getting hard, add in 1/2 cup milk per box and mix, mix, mix.
8. PRO tip - take some milk with you to add in when you reheat your grits at your Thanksgiving destination and top with parsley flakes for a gourmet look!