We have a very special Panama City Beach-inspired recipe we're sharing in this morning's What's Cookin'? segment. Crystal Castillo, the head chef here at the Holiday Inn Resort.
2-3 bunches of cooked asparagus (pencil size or smaller)
2 ounces butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups half & half
2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, fine grated
6 ounces of back fin or lump crab meat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Take butter and put in medium sauce pot and melt over low flame.
2. Put flour into the melted butter with whisk until well combined. Cook for 30 seconds stirring continuously.
3. Pour the half and half into the pot whisking at the same time.
4. Cook on low flame until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Add smoked Gouda. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
6. Whisk in salt and lemon zest.
7. Fold in crab meat and continue to heat for another 30 seconds.
8. Roll 8 to 10 pieces of asparagus into each crepe. Line a baking dish with crepes.
9. After each crepe is filled, pour crab sauce over top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley, lemon zest and lemon slices. Serve warm.
Angel and I LOVED this dish! Major props to Crystal Castillo from the Holiday Inn Resort PCB for serving it up this morning.
What's Cookin'? is sponsored each week by Murphy Appliance Company.