What’s Cookin’? Delicious Fall Slaw [Recipe]
Melissa Webb and Tabatha Carman, from the UK Cooperative Extension Office, are back for another edition of What's Cookin'? guest and, this week, they're serving up a delicious recipe from the 2016 Food & Nutrition Calendar from the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. And this recipe just screams "Fall!" Check it out. Their recipe for Fall Slaw.
1 Cup shredded purple or green cabbage
- 10 ounces of fresh Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw, shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon celery seeds
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and next six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey with remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
What's Cookin'? is sponsored each week by Murphy Appliance Company in Owensboro!