What’s Cookin': Melissa Webb’s Fresh Fish Tacos
In the hot, muggy, summer months dinner should consist of something light and fresh. Check out Melissa Webb's recipe for fresh fish tacos.
Fresh Fish Tacos
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound mild fish fillets (such as fresh water bass, catfish or tilapia)
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
3 tablespoons fresh or bottled lime juice, divided
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
2 cups coleslaw mix
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
8 4.5-nice soft corn tortillas
Fresh chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced bell pepper.
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the fish and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of lime juice and taco seasoning.
2. Cook the fish until it begins to turn white around the edges. Flip and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
3. While the fish cooks, stir together remaining lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mix and onion to the dressing and mix to coat. If desired add about 1/2 cup chopped cilantro to the cabbage mixture.
4. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for one minute until warm and pliable.
5. Place 2 ounces of fish and 1/3 cup of coleslaw mixture on each tortilla. Add toppings of choice if desired!