What’s Cookin’? Patty’s Chocolate Valentine Parfaits [RECIPE]
We're getting close to Valentine's Day and Patty Millay is serving up a recipe you are going to love on today's What's Cookin'? segment. Check this out! It's a Chocolate Valentine Parfait.
February is a month of love for our family. We have so many special occasions to celebrate! Wedding Anniversaries, Birthdays and Valentine's Day! This is a super easy but DELISH way to celebrate. It just takes a little layering and creativity! This came out so pretty you may want to make one for each of you or two love birds can share this!
CHOCOLATE VALENTINE PARFAITS
- 1 recipe of your favorite brownies prepared as you usually do (see notes for addition of Kahlua)
- 1 pint Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 large box Chocolate Mousse
- 3 cups of milk
- Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Shavings
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup heavy cream less 2 tbsp for Kahlua, see notes
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees .
- In a large bowl combine the brownie ingredients. Oil, water, Kahlua, egg and brownie mix. (see notes)
- Pour the batter into an 8 inch sprayed baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- When the brownie comes out poke all over with a toothpick and pour 1 tbsp over top to soak in. This is optional.
- Prepare the ganache by placing all the ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Whisk until smooth then cool to room temperature.
- Prepare mousse according to package directions.
- Layer your glass with 1 scoop ice cream, top with brownie and let sit in the freezer for 10 minutes at a 45* angle.
- Remove and top with ganache, return to freezer at the angle for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and add 2 tbsp chocolate mousse. Top with whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate curls.
- My brownie mix is Ghirardelli. It calls for ⅓ cup water, ⅓ cup oil and 1 egg. Instead of using all ⅓ water I placed 2 tbsp of Kahlua in the ⅓ measuring cup and then topped it off with water.
- You can also poke holes in the brownie with a toothpick when it comes out of the oven and pour another 1 tbsp of Kahlua over top to soak in.
What's Cookin'? is sponsored each and every week by Murphy Appliance Company in Owensboro.