What’s Cookin’? Omelets on the Go [Recipe]
OMELETS ON THE GO
•1 cup diced ham
•2 1/2 cup any chopped, sautéed fresh vegetables (such as mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach)
•1 cup shredded low fat cheese
•9 large eggs
•1/4 cup low fat milk
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine ham, sautéed vegetables and cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among the tins.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the ham and vegetable mixture, filling each muffin tin to the top.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes, before removing from pan. Serve warm.
5. Store leftover omelet in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in microwave oven for 20-40 seconds.
What’s Cookin’? is sponsored each week by Murphy Appliance Company in Owensboro!