What’s Cookin’? Sizzling Chicken and Rice [Recipe]
SIZZLING CHICKEN AND RICE
1 tablespoon Corn Starch
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3 cups raw vegetables (such as broccoli florets, red bell pepper, carrots, onion, etc.)
8 ounces of canned pineapple
2 cups cooked rice
1. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and stir in next 6 ingredients. Mix to combine. Set bowl of sauce mixture aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil in and heat. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until done, about 5 or 6 minutes. Push chicken to the side of the skillet.
3. Add vegetables and sauté until slightly tender. Push vegetables to the side of skillet.
4. Pour sauce mixture into the center of skillet, leaving other ingredients at the sides of the pan, stir sauce until it thickens.
5. Add pineapple and juice to the skillet and stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Reduce to medium-low heat and cover with lid. Continue cooking for five minutes. Serve immediately over cooked brown rice.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup chicken and vegetables, and 1/2 cup rice
What’s Cookin’? is sponsored each week by Murphy Appliance Company in Owensboro!