Lose Weight and Get In Shape with BKR Boot Camp [Official Rules]
It's back! BKR Boot Camp returns to The Country Station, 92.5 WBKR. If you have made a New Year's Resolution to get in shape and lose weight, you're gonna want to check this out. For the second year in a row, we're teaming up with Edge Body Boot Camp for BKR Boot Camp. And this year, Team Chad is going to take on Team Angel in a four-week challenge and YOU have the chance to participate!!
Here's how it works!
HOW TO GET QUALIFIED FOR A BKR BOOT CAMP TEAM
Starting Monday, January 7th, we'll begin building two boot camp teams at WBKR. If you are interested in joining a team, be listening for our specially-designed BKR Boot Camp cues-to-call. Each weekday during The WBKR Morning Show, you'll have chances to win a spot on TEAM CHAD or TEAM ANGEL. To win a spot on one of the above teams, WBKR listeners must be Caller #9 on the WBKR studio lines (270-926-WBKR or 1-800-844-WBKR). There will be a total of two twenty-person teams (40 participants total). Twenty people will compete for Team Chad. Another twenty will compete for Team Angel. Participants MUST be at least 18 years of age.
**By the way, in 2018, Team Angel took the top prize. The six members of that team lost a combined 94 pounds in just six weeks!**
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN AND ASSESSMENT
All team members/participants will meet at Edge Body Boot Camp on Saturday, January 19th (the orientation period is from 8:30am through 10am CST. You can arrive anytime during that window of opportunity). There, each participant will sign hold harmless waivers from Townsquare Media and Edge Body Boot Camp. Plus, each participant will undergo a brief physical assessment that includes body weight, body fat percentage and important measurements. The starting weight recorded Saturday, January 19th will be the weight from which all progress in the event (total percentage of weight loss) will be measured. Participants may also be required to complete a brief survey about exercise history, work history, personal goals (weight loss goals) for participation in BKR Boot Camp, and provide reasons why you have chosen to participate at this time. All participants consent to sharing their journeys, success stories and struggles on WBKR, WBKR.com, the radio station's social media sites and similar sites owned and operated by Edge. This contest gives you the opportunity to be a role model for the community and other WBKR listeners. It's an incredible platform and we want to celebrate your successes.
BKR BOOT CAMP TEXT AND FACEBOOK PROGRAM
All BKR Boot Camp participants will be encouraged to join the Edge text program and can do so by texting EDGE to 77094. Participants will receive motivational texts as well as important information about nutrition, goal setting and more. Plus, each BKR Boot Camp team will have its own private and personal team page on Facebook. There they will be able to share success stories with fellow team members, team captains and assigned accountability coaches.
BKR BOOT CAMP
All BKR Boot Camp members will be given FOUR weeks of access to Edge Body Boot Camp (4617 Sutherland Road, Owensboro) and EdgeFiT (on Frederica Street in Owensboro). Participants will have Accountability Coaches (Chad, Angel and Edge Boot Camp instructor Chris Zachary) who will help motivate and track success. Results will be tracked week-to-week.
Plus, participants will receive important information about nutrition and a temporary key card that allows them access to participating Edge facilities. Each team member is urged to participate in at least THREE thirty-minute boot camps per week, but is encouraged to participate in more.
Here is the current schedule of classes offered by Edge Body Boot Camp.
More work means more results. WBKR team leaders Chad and Angel will publish a list of times they will be at Boot Camp so that team members may join them when possible for extra motivation and fun. While we will monitor and track individual progress, a winning TEAM will be declared following the final weigh-in, scheduled for the week of February 18th, 2018.
THE WINNING TEAM
The winning BKR Boot Camp team will be the team that has the highest combined percentage of weight loss (only the Top 10 results from each team will count toward the final team total). The winning team will be rewarded with the Ultimate Cheat Meal Party at a restaurant location TBA. However, this year . . . individual prizes will be awarded to members of each team as well.
Here's the list of available prizes:
The top finisher on each team (Team Chad and Team Angel) will win a year-long PLATINUM membership to Edge. That membership includes: FREE Key Card ($10 replacement), 24 Hour Access to EdgeFit, Unlimited Boot Camp access, Hydro Massage and Tanning (1 time key card fee $10).
The second place finisher on each team (Team Chad and Team Angel) will receive a 6-month FREE membership.
The third, fourth and fifth place finishers on each team (Team Chad and Team Angel) will receive a 3-month FREE membership.
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win WBKR-FM contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total Value of prize packages: One Year-$1200/Six Months-$600/Three Months-$300.