What’s Cookin’?: Mediterranean Salad [Recipe]
Melissa Webb (from the Daviess County Cooperative Extension Office) is back for another edition of What's Cookin'? and, this week, she's serving up a delicious, refreshing and healthy recipe for Mediterranean Salad. Check it out!
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
• ½ medium red onion, diced
• 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 large green bell pepper, diced
• 1 pint grape tomatoes
• 1 medium cucumber, sliced
• 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (Note: To lower the cost of this recipe, use Parmesan cheese in place of feta cheese.)
• ¼ cup whole black olives, pitted
1. In a Mason jar (or small bowl), combine dressing ingredients. Tightly screw on the lid and shake to combine.
2. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients and toss with prepared dressing.
What's Cookin'? is sponsored weekly on The CB Radio Show by Murphy Appliance Company in Owensboro.