Parking Garage In Fancy Illinois Town Has 7 Arrests In One Day
In an Illinois town that usually doesn't have much trouble, there were seven arrests in one day at the same parking garage.
One Of The Nicer Suburbs Outside Of Chicago
Nowadays, there's crime everywhere. You really can't find a place to get away from it. There are some towns in Illinois that only experience crimes few and far between. One of those nicer cities is Elmhurst. Recently, the residents experienced an uptick in arrests.
Multiple Arrests In Elmhurst In One Day At One Location
Normally, it would take at least a couple of days to get a few arrests in just Elmhurst. In this case, where the total is seven that could take a whole week.
Now, think about having seven arrests in a single day. For a nice small suburban town that is unheard of.
Do you know what makes this situation even crazier? They were all at the same location. It wasn't at a place like a mall or a rowdy bar. Instead, it all happened at a parking garage. The facility is located at 149 North Addison Avenue in downtown Elmhurst.
What Were The Seven Suspects Arrested For?
Here's where I think the story gets interesting. Why were all these people arrested at a parking garage?
- Suspect #1 - Possession of a controlled substance and possession of open alcohol.
- Suspect #2 - Possession of open alcohol by a minor.
- Suspect #3 - Open alcohol.
- Suspect #4 - Loitering, possession of marijuana under 21, and possession of alcohol by a minor.
- Suspect #5 - Loitering, possession of marijuana under 21, and possession of alcohol by a minor.
- Suspect #6 - Loitering, possession of marijuana under 21, and possession of alcohol by a minor.
- Suspect #7 - Loitering, possession of marijuana under 21, and possession of alcohol by a minor.
The deck has become a site of regular criminal activity, including graffiti, damage to extinguisher boxes, illegal activation of fire alarms, and broken windows on cars.
The local police have stepped up patrols in that area and continue to look for suspicious activity.