How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
*As Amazon affiliates, we earn a percentage on each item sold.
Last night, my bonus daughter stayed the night with us. When she got up this morning, I had made her some scrambled eggs in the microwave for breakfast. She said, "Wait, these are microwave eggs? I'm kind of mad I've been getting the skillet out and using it!"
She asked for my secret recipe and because I'm 100% sure she halfway listened and will ask again later - I figured I'd share it with her (and everyone) right here.
Here's what you need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk or cream (a single serve coffee creamer works great)
- 1/2 oz (pinch) of shredded cheese of choice
Basic stuff, right? The process is the important part to making the perfect microwaved eggs. You don't want them to turn into rubber so follow these steps CAREFULLY.
- Mix eggs, milk, and salt/pepper in a mug or one of these biodegradable disposable bowls.
- Place in microwave and cook for 30 seconds.
- Take it out and MIX MIX MIX. Add in cheese and STIR STIR STIR.
- Microwave 30 more seconds.
- Take it out and MIX MIX MIX again.
- Microwave in 15 second increments until desired consistency reached.
- Serve hot with a biodegradable fork!