Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie is a Great Starter Recipe for New Cooks
There was a time when I didn't have a clue about cooking. I could make a box of mac-and-cheese and boil an egg. When I got married and started a family, I knew I had to get my crap together and learn how to do more than make mac-and-cheese and boiled eggs for dinner. Sigh.
One of my starter recipes was the Impossibly Easy Pie collection. I'll bet there are a few people who want to change their eating habits in 2018 and learn how to feed themselves but learning to cook or finding the time to cook can be daunting! This recipe is as easy as you want to make it and takes about 5-10 minutes to throw together. And you can change it up however you'd like.
IMPOSSIBLY EASY POT PIE
- 2 Shredded or Diced Chicken Breasts (You can make these in a skillet or InstantPot, buy a rotisserie chicken, or open a large can of drained cooked chicken breast)
- 1 drained can of mixed vegetables or one cooked bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Baking spray such as Pam
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup -or- can of cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 can of milk
- 1 tsp each Salt/pepper (couple shakes with the salt/pepper shakers)
- Pie pan or small baking dish
- 1 cup of Bisquick or other Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray your pie or baking pan.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, soup, milk and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Pour into baking dish.
- Mix Bisquick, milk, and egg together until no longer lumpy. Pour over the top of your chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown.
And that's it! You can also make other variations! I make the IE taco pie about once a month and serve it with sour cream and avocados! YUM!