Keep Southern Indiana Youngsters Warm This Winter With Annual Coat-A-Kid Program
We are going to feel our first hard freeze of the Fall this week here in Southern Indiana, and it looks like the cold temperatures are here to stay. That's great timing for the kickoff of the 2023 Coat-A-Kid campaign once again being hosted by Don's Claytons Fine Dry Cleaning.
This year's event officially gets underway with a special event at Hebron Elementary School on Tuesday, October 31st with representatives from Don's Claytons, the Evansville Christian Life Center, and the Evansville Salvation Army.
During the campaign, you'll be able to drop off new or gently used coats at any Don's Claytons location. Once all of the coats have been collected, they will be distributed with the help of the Salvation Army and the Evansville Christian Life Center to children and teens in need throughout Southern Indiana. Organizers say the size coats they need the most are for first to fifth-grade children.
So, look through your closet and pull out any gently used coat that your kid(s) don't wear anymore, or go out and purchase a brand new one, and then drop it off at any of the following Don's Claytons locations. A donation bin will be available at St. Vincent Hospital.
- Claytons - 8355 Hwy. 66, in Newburgh
- Claytons - 4319 N. First Avenue in Evansville
- Claytons - 4600 Bellemeade Avenue in Evansville (Across from the Red Lobster)
- Don’s - 2000 E. Morgan Avenue in Evansville (On the corner of Morgan & Weinbach)
- Claytons - 3309 N. Green River Road in Evansville (At Green River and Lynch Roads, across from the Schnuck’s in Lakeside Commons)
- Don’s - 518 N. Barker in Evansville (Across from Roger’s School of Hair Design at Mt. Vernon & Barker)
- Don’s & Claytons (Plant/Office/Don’s Cleaners) - 225 W. Morgan Avenue in Evansville (Next to Garvin Park and Bosse Field)
Stock Up on These Winter Essentials Before It Snows
Gallery Credit: ASHLEY SOLLARS