Owensboro Youth Empowerment Summit Hosting Job Fair Thursday
Summer is just a month away and many will need employment. If you are on the job hunt you will have the opportunity to present your resume and interview for jobs this Thursday in Owensboro.
The mission of the Owensboro Youth Empowerment Summit is to:
• To educate the youth about Black History.
• To inspire young Boys into Men.
• To encourage young Girls into Women.
Get our free mobile app
They are hosting a job fair on Thursday, April 22, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at The Party Space Place next to Walmart off Frederica Street near the old Shogun location at 5010 Wildcat Way.
Individuals will be able to apply in person for full and part-time positions in various working environments. Anyone planning to attend needs to have a resume on hand.
Here are some simple tips to be successful at a job interview:
- Look presentable. Dress the part.
- A firm but not too hard handshake displays confidence.
- Direct eye contact is important when you are speaking.
- Put your phone away for the interview.
- Bring your resume.
- Be willing to share openly about your experience.
- Don't be afraid to smile and have a good time.
- Posture is super important.
- Prepare questions that you feel are important for the job.
- Be sure to thank them for the opportunity to interview.
- Have fun!
Interviewing for a job can be fun. Don't be nervous and make sure you have done your homework. If you know the employers who will be on-site then you can always research a bit about them. If you are asked about the position of the company you are prepared.
7 Jobs Ryan O'Bryan Won't Do
Hilarious Job Interview Selfies