[SCAM ALERT] $75 Costco Coupon on Social Media is Not Real
This is the time of the year to be looking for online bargains and every coupon code you can find. It's also the time of the year when scammers take advantage of thrifty shoppers. Costco has addressed the issue of a fake $75 coupon that has been making the rounds on social media.
Despite several posts out there, Costco is NOT giving away $75 coupons. While we love our fans and our members, this offer is a SCAM, and in no way affiliated with Costco. Thanks to our fans for letting us know about this recurring hoax!
Costco has some tips on what to do, if you think an offer is too good to be true:
- Never respond to emails that cannot be verified.
- Never provide personal information via e-mail.
- Contact the business by using legitimate phone numbers to verify the request.
- Enter websites using your browser and not by clicking on provided links.
- Be cautious of any solicitation requesting that you deposit a check or pay a fee to collect a prize, get a job, or cover vaguely described "costs."
- Consider filing a report with the Federal Trade Commission and/or state attorney general's consumer protection office, or the FBI. Online complaints may be filed with the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/, and white collar crimes may be report to the FBI at //www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx.