Illinois Garage Sale Lovers Should Never Buy These 6 Things
It's Garage Sale Season in Illinois. It's a buying frenzy at cheap prices. One's trash is another's treasure. These 6 things are straight trash. Don't buy!
There are definitely great deals to be had when hitting up garage sales, but some deals really should be left behind. Here are those things.
Everybody has a line drawn for everything. The amount of space you're willing to travel or give up for a particular belief.
The Thing I Think You Should Never Buy from a Garage Sale
Don't Buy This at a Garage Sale
I will not buy any cloth furniture from a garage sale.
I didn't smell that pipe-smoking man's chair when it was out in the open air of a driveway. Once I got it home, that smell of that chair and all the probably unsavory things that went down in that chair began to foul up my basement air. It has to go, never again.
This isn't that kind of conversation beyond telling you how this list of seven garage sale no-nos was curated. We simply asked, what won't you buy from a garage sale, and these were the items most often mentioned.
1. Car seats – could be defective/broken
2. Bike helmets – lice, sweat, dirty, nasty, nope.
3. Mattresses – bed bugs, stains from things you never want to think about
4. Makeup – you could get infections and that makeup sure as hell can't cover that up
5. Swimsuits/Underwear – If it goes anywhere near downstairs, don't believe the “new/never worn” sticker on it, it lies.
6. Hair Products/Shampoo/Perfume – You never know someone’s intentions. The content inside could be switched out for something toxic.
YOUR #1 JOB THIS SUMMER: Shop Garage Sales and Kill These Insects on Sight