What’s Cookin’? Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole [Recipe]
If you listen to the WBKR morning show, you know that Angel routinely shares with a you a Bargain of the Week. Well, this week, I am following suit by sharing a delicious one. I follow Eating on a Dime on Facebook. It's this really cool page that shares quick, delicious and affordable recipes. Here's one you are going to want to try. I made this last week for me and Kevin and it was awesome! It's Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole.
CHEESEBURGER TATER TOT CASSEROLE
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I use Weber Steak 'N' Chop Seasoning)
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of Ore-Ida Tater Tots (32 ounce)
8 ounces of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
1) Brown the ground beef. Add in chopped onion and cook until soft.
2) Stir in the steak seasoning, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
3) Place in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
4) Top the ground beef with Monterey Jack cheese.
5) Place a layer of tater tots over the casserole. **By the way, I am never fully dedicated to name-brand products, but I used Ore-Ida tots for this recipe. Highly recommend. Oh, and I used nearly the entire bag and not ashamed to admit it.**
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes uncovered.
7) Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the tots and place casserole back in the oven until melted.
8) Serve immediately.
A couple of additional tips/suggestions:
*After baking the casserole, I switched the oven to broil to brown the top a bit and give it a little crisp.
**You can top this casserole with your favorite burger toppings like tomato, bacon, pickle, onion, and more!
***If you don't follow Eating on a Dime on Facebook, do it!
What's Cookin'? is sponsored weekly by Murphy Appliance Company.