You Can Lose Weight with the BKR Boot Camp [Official Rules]
If you have made a New Year's Resolution to get in shape and lose weight, you're gonna want to check this out. Here at WBKR, we are so excited to announce that we have teamed up with Edge Body Boot Camp and EdgeFit for a brand new contest called BKR Boot Camp. Angel, Barb Birgy, Dave Spencer, Erin Grant and I are forming boot camp teams and you have the chance to join us and potentially win a year-long membership to Edge.
Here's how it works!
HOW TO GET QUALIFIED FOR A BKR BOOT CAMP TEAM
Starting Monday, January 8th, we'll begin building boot camp teams at WBKR and here at WBKR.com. If you are interested in joining a team, be listening for our specially-designed BKR Boot Camp cues-to-call. Each weekday during The Morning Drive w/ Chad and Angel, you'll have chances to win a spot on Team Chad or Team Angel. Each weekday between 10am and 2pm, you'll have the chance to join Team Barb. And each weekday afternoon during The Drive Home w/ Dave Spencer (2pm to 6pm), you'll have the opportunity to join Team Dave. To win a spot on one of the above teams, WBKR listeners must be Caller #9 on the WBKR studio lines (270-926-WBKR or 1-800-844-WBKR). There will also be five participants drawn from online registrations. Those participants will comprise Team Erin, led by WBKR overnight host Erin Grant. There will be a total of five teams, consisting of six members each! Online winners will be announced and posted on Friday, January 12th. Participants MUST be at least 18 years of age.
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN AND ASSESSMENT
All team members will meet at EdgeFiT (4036 Frederica Street, Owensboro) on Monday, January 15th or Tuesday, January 16th at (times TBA). There, each participant will sign hold harmless waivers from Townsquare Media and Edge. Plus, each participant will undergo a physical assessment that includes body weight, body fat percentage and important measurements. While there will be weekly weigh-ins, participants will undergo a complete follow-up assessment during Week Three and Week Six of the contest. Participants will also be required to complete a survey about exercise history, work history, personal goals (weight loss goals) for participation in BKR Boot Camp, and reasons why you have chosen to participate at this time. All participants consent to sharing their journeys, success stories and struggles on WBKR, WBKR.com, the radio station's social media sites and similar sites owned and operated by Edge.
BKR BOOT CAMP TEXT AND FACEBOOK PROGRAM
All BKR Boot Camp participants will be required to join the Edge text program and can do so by texting EDGE to 77094. Participants will receive motivational texts as well as important information about nutrition, goal setting and more. Plus, each BKR Boot Camp team will have its own private and personal team page on Facebook. There they will be able to share success stories with fellow team members, team captains and assigned accountability coaches.
BKR BOOT CAMP
All BKR Boot Camp members will be given six weeks of access to Edge Body Boot Camp (4617 Sutherland Road, Owensboro) and EdgeFiT. Participants will be assigned Accountability Coaches (Chris or Tonya) who will help motivate and track success. Each participant will also be given a BKR Boot Camp t-shirt!
Plus, participants will receive important information about nutrition and a temporary key card that allows them access to participating Edge facilities. Each team member is required to participate in at least three thirty-minute boot camps per week, but is encouraged to participate in more.
Here is the current schedule of classes offered by Edge Body Boot Camp.
More work means more results. WBKR team leaders (Chad, Angel, Barb, Dave Spencer and Erin) will publish a list of times they will be at Boot Camp so that team members may join them when possible for extra motivation and fun. Each team captain is also a participant and will be monitored by Edge staff as well. While we will monitor and track individual progress, a winning TEAM will be declared following the final weigh-in, scheduled for the week of February 26th, 2018.
THE WINNING TEAM
The winning BKR Boot Camp team will be the team that has the highest combined percentage of weight loss (and those results will include those of team captains as well). Each member of the winning, most successful team will win a year-long PLATINUM membership to Edge. That membership includes: FREE Key Card ($10 replacement), 24 Hour Access, Hydro Massage and Tanning (1 time key card fee $10).
- Winner must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Prize.
- The winner must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the Station or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Prize, the winner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize.
- The winner agrees to allow the Station and/or its designees the right to use winner’s name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the Station and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Station is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize. With respect to any claims that the winner may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize to the exclusion of the Station and any sponsors of the Contest.
- The station makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- The winner expressly releases the station, and any sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win WBKR-FM contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The station is not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This station is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner.