Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (Shaped by Faith)
Are you overweight, or underweight? Obsessed with food, weight, or dieting? You are not alone, there is a solution!
Food addiction can take many forms. Symptoms include obesity, anorexia, and bulimia. People often think of the term "eating disorders" when describing the disease of food addiction. Food addicts are obsessed with food, body size, and weight.
Food addicts spend their days thinking about when and what they are going to eat or not eat. Binging, purging, and dieting are a way of life. The bottom line is that they can’t stop eating.
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) offers relief from the symptoms of eating disorders and guidance on living in recovery. FA is a program based on the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. There are no dues, fees, or weigh-ins at FA meetings. FA is a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience and mutual support, are recovering from the disease of food addiction.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself.
1) Have you ever wanted to stop eating and found you couldn't?
2) Do you think about food or your weight constantly?
3) Do you find yourself attempting one diet or food plan after another, with no lasting success?
4) Do you binge and then "get rid of the binge" through vomiting, exercise, laxatives, or other forms of purging?
5) Do you eat differently in private than you do in front of other people?
6) Do you eat when you are not hungry?
7) Are you waiting for your life to begin when you lose the weight?
If you answered honestly and said yes to even a few of these questions, there is help for you.
FA Meets every Tuesday & Thursday at the Owensboro Family YMCA. You can contact Jenny for more information. (270) 485-3288 https://www.foodaddicts.org/