Angel’s Bargain of the Week: Huge Multi-Family Yard Sale in Owensboro (GALLERY)
Angel here! It's time to get excited people, it's yard sale time. This week I'm taking you along to one of my very favorite yard sales of the entire year and we're crashing it.
I have known Elaine Blandford and Denise Rideout for a better part of my life. We share a love of all things bargain. These ladies host a family yard sale once and sometimes on a great year twice. They always have the best of the best stuff because it is like 4-5 families combined and it's priced EL CHEAPO!
Chad started sending me to crash their sale during our morning show and it is kind of become a tradition. I get to scope out the merchandise and tell y'all all about it.
You can usually find anything from clothing to household treasures and a whole bunch of odds and ends in between.
The sale is on Booth Avenue a block past Starbucks on the left-hand side and trust me you can't miss the dang thing.
Now if you are planning a sale of your own or maybe you just like to venture out and do a little shopping here are some suggestions I have to have a successful time:
To the Seller
10. Please do not sell your dirty, stained undies in a 10 cent bin. I'll give you a dollar not to sell them.
9. It is a yard sale if it is in your yard and a garage sale if in your garage the two cannot be interchanged.
8. One table of knick-knacks, two 1980's prom dresses, and a lawnmower is not a sale. I will just drive past mad off because I wasted gas.
7. Please do not sell half-empty bottles of lotion, makeup or used lipstick for $1. I MEAN REALLY! Those go in the free box which we will discuss later.
6. You are not a Justice/Gap kids franchise do not price your kid's clothes that way. Stains and smells do not up the value.
5. Clinique/make-up freebies should be free do not try and sell them for full price.
4. Your kids are precious but please teach them how to make kool-aid. 2 cups sugar 1 part water 1 packet of kool-aid clean pitcher! I will buy that deliciousness all day :)
3. Please take personal photos out of frames. Some faces only a family could love.
2. Videotapes yes I said videotapes are outdated price them as such. $5 for Pee wee's Big Adventure is a little much.
1. Lastly when I ask you if you'll come down in price on an item I do not want the life story of how much you paid for it and how you can't part with it for less than so much. And the only reason you're selling it is because it doesn't match your new stuff. Guess what? If you don't sell it at the end of the day it still isn't gonna match COME OFF IT ALREADY! You are not Hobby Lobby.
To the Buyer
8. Yes this is all the stuff I have. Do you see anymore?
7. If my sign says the sale is 7a-12p it means just that! Please do not peek inside my garage at 530a or you may get more than you bargained for.
6. Do not stay an hour looking and then take something from the free box and leave.
5. No my yard furniture is not for sale do you see a price tag!?
4. This is not a grab bag sale. Buy or go.
3. I do not remember the life history of my lawnmower you put gas in it and it cuts grass that's the long and short of it. Pretty simple.
2.No I do not have change for a hundred if I did would I be having a yard sell!?
1. YES, MY DOG BITES!