The venues want to remind guests of the following guidelines with this new policy:
- Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12” x 6” x 12��� or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch purse no larger than 4.5" x 6.5", Approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
- Each ticket holder, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Metal detector screening and a search of all items being carried in will take place at the Ford Center and Victory Theatres entrances. There are no provisions available at the Ford Center or Victory Theatre to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small approved cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- An exception will be made for credentialed staff, approved media and medically necessary items that cannot fit into a clear bag, after proper inspection.
So what happens if you bring in a bag that doesn't meet these requirements? Not only will it not be allowed to be brought into the venue but it also will be your responsibility to dispose of it or go back and put it in your vehicle. There will be no bag check available at either the Ford Center or the Victory Theatre. If you are carrying a wristlet or clutch, you may still be in allowed to bring it in as long it does "not to exceed 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long" and it has been properly screened by security. Also only one bag is allowed per ticket holder. With a number of events quickly approaching, now is a good time to familiarize yourself with the new rules.