Here’s Where to Find FREE Breakfast and Lunch for Evansville Students This Summer
Summer break is here, and young people throughout Evansville are rejoicing. For most kids, summer is a welcome site, allowing them to do just about whatever they want for the next couple of months. For many kids, though, there is a drawback to being out of school - and that is missing out on school lunches. Sadly, there are a lot of students who rely on the food they receive each day during the school year. Luckily, the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation (EVSC) is able to continue providing those important meals throughout the summer for families that need them.
2023 EVSC Summer Meal Program
The EVSC recently released details for the 2023 summer meal program. More than a dozen EVSC schools will provide free breakfast and lunch each weekday. The meals are FREE for anyone aged 18 and younger. Here's the most important thing to remember - you do NOT have to be an EVSC student to get a free meal, they are available to ANYONE 18 or younger.
What, Where, and When?
Breakfast will be served from 8:15 am-8:45 am, and lunch will be served from 11:30 am-12 pm. See the graphic below to see the dates and locations for the free meals.
- Bosse from May 30-June 30
- Caze from June 5-June 30
- Delaware from June 5-June 30
- Evans from June 5-June 30
- Fairlawn from June 5-June 30
- Glenwood from June 5-June 30
- Harper from June 5-June 30
- Harwood from June 5-June 30
- Hebron from June 5-July 21(except on July 4th)
- Lincoln from July 5-July 21
- Lodge from June 5-June 30
- Tekoppel from June 5-June 30
- Washington from June 5-June 30
Here's a fun summertime activity...
5 Reasons to Visit Mesker Park Zoo in Evansville, Indiana
You gotta get some food truck grub this summer...