KWC Campus Ministries (Shaped by Faith)
Shawn Tomes is the Director of Campus Ministries at Kentucky Wesleyan College. He started out his career as a young athlete playing numerous sports and then God moved Shawn into a High School coaching position. After coaching several seasons, God moved him again to the position of the Director of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Within a few more seasons God was on the move again, opening the doors to Shawn's current Campus Ministries position at KWC.
Shawn is a humble man who is blessed to serve God and the students at KWC. He told me the Mission of Campus Ministries is to serve, love and build relationships. To "walk," as Jesus would walk on the campus with a focus on relationships.
He said that God has guided and directed his steps as he prays and draws closer to God. Through his personal relationship with God he has listened and learned how to expand this Ministry beyond the KWC walls.
Here are some of those great things God is doing at KWC through Campus Ministries:
- Campus Ministries partnered with the Ecumenical Ministry of the Owensboro Emmaus and Chrysalis Community to offer Kentucky's first spiritual retreat weekend for College age adults.
- Campus Ministries team joined groups from WKU, NKU, Union, Kentucky State, and UK at a state wide Fall Retreat.
- Fostered the development of a Campus Prayer Team comprised of 50 plus students, staff and community members.
- Held Inaugural Campus and Community Worship in the Grove.
- Launched Wesleyan Kicks Show Mission outreach project for all students in Owensboro/Daviess County Public Schools.
- Partnered with local Churches to launch a student ministry team which provides pulpit supplies to churches in need and an opportunity to lead music/worship.
- Campus Ministries averages over 100 participants in their weekly services combined.
- Started a Discipleship Program on Campus.
- There are so many great things happening within this Ministry that you will have to listen to Shawn share all about them on Shaped by Faith on 1490 WOMI & 99.1 FM Owensboro on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 8AM CST or on WGBF 1280 AM Evansville on Sundays at 8AM CST.
Remember to stay active this Summer and take some time to fit in a few Biceps Curls!
Check out More Inspiring and Motivating Exercises you can do anywhere!