LIST: Owensboro’s Blessing Boxes Provide Folks With A Hand Up In Hard Times
Times are tough for many families and individuals struggling to make ends meet. Blessing boxes help those needing a hand up and we've got a list of them and how you can help or get help if needed.
WHAT EXACTLY IS A BLESSING BOX?
Maybe you don't have a blessing box in your city or town. These are such wonderful addition to any community.
A Blessing Box is a “Little Free Pantry”, which provides non-perishable food (like cereal, canned soup/pasta, and granola bars) as well as hygiene items (including shampoo, soap, toothbrushes/toothpaste, and toilet paper) to local residents when they need them.
Owensboro is fortunate enough to have several blessing boxes located all over our dear city and we found a list of them.
OWENSBORO BLESSING BOX LOCATIONS
- 724 Harvard Drive Owensboro, KY 42301
- 718 Devonshire Drive
- Front yard- 19th & Hathaway
- Seventh Day Adventist Church- 2288 Tamarack Rd
- Stella’s Box- 3407 Placid Place
- The Well Ministries Church - 1400 East Parrish Ave
- Germantown Park - 824 Crittenden Street
- Life Community Church - 1101 Breckenridge Street
- Klein’s home - 502 Poplar St
- Settle Memorial Curch – Daviess St & 4th St
- Front yard 615 Hall Street
- Whitesville Mercantile 9935 West St in Whitesville
- Whitesville Baptist Church 10167 Hwy 54
- 527 Allen Street (Third Baptist Church)
- Sutton Elementary School 2060 Lewis Lane
- Masonville Baptist Church 6601 Hwy 231
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THESE BOXES;
- Ramen Noodles
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Canned Soups
- Packaged Crackers
- Non-Perishable Food Items
- Toiletry Items
- Sanitary Items
- Hygiene Items
With grocery prices skyrocketing these blessing boxes often help families make it through to the next paycheck or time when they are able to afford to purchase food again.
Here is a list of the food pantries and soup kitchens in the area as well.