What’s Cookin’?: Kentucky Legend’s Creamy Pesto & Turkey Spaghetti [Recipe]
Brooklyn Maple, from Kentucky Legend, joined us today for our weekly What's Cookin'? segment. This week's recipe is a fun twist on spaghetti. It's Creamy Pesto & Turkey Spaghetti. Now, I know what you may be thinking. Turkey? With spaghetti? I thought the same thing too, but this looks scrumptious.
KENTUCKY LEGEND'S CREAMY PESTO AND TURKEY SPAGHETTI
8 oz spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup Kentucky Legend Quarter Turkey Breast, diced
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 cup 35% heavy cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Add turkey, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until well coated.
3. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
4. Toss pasta with sauce and reserved cooking liquid until pasta is well coated. Stir in half of the Parmesan.
5. Divide among 4 plates. Top with remaining Parmesan, basil and pine nuts.
Tip: Substitute linguine or fettuccine for spaghetti.