This Dessert is So Healthy You Can Eat It for Breakfast – Blackberry Crumble Cobbler [RECIPE]
I saw fresh blackberries at the market the other day and I couldn't resist. I LOVE cobbler. LOVE IT. But, with all the butter, flour and sugar I decided to find a recipe that wouldn't pack on the pounds. I found one I liked but it called for six tablespoons of butter. So, I decided to substitute the butter with coconut oil. It really paid off. The result was delicious!
Healthy Blackberry Crumble Cobbler
- 6-12 oz blackberries
- 1-2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 6 tbsp cold coconut oil
- cooking spray or butter for dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray dish or line with butter
- Line bottom of dish with blackberries. Use up to two 6 oz packages.
- Sprinkle with white sugar. If you only use one 6 oz package, use one tablespoon.
- Mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut oil in a separate container.
- Sprinkle top with oat mixture. Press down.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or vanilla yogurt.