Angel’s Healthy Homemade Reese Cups (RECIPE)
Angel here and my biggest downfall in healthy eating is staying away from sweets. I love candy and chocolate so much. I found a healthy way to make Reese Cups and I wanted to share.
I talked with you all about my nutrition and fitness journey in January. One of the things we focus on is getting in healthy fats and carbs instead of empty calories.
I've learned how to make lots of my favorite foods and snacks in a healthier way so I don't have to totally give them up. One of those snacks is chocolate. These delicious little cups of goodness are even approved by my husband (who doesn't eat healthy stuff) and the kids who try and steal them from me every time I make them.
Here's some even better news if you are allergic to peanut butter you can sub it out for almond or cashew butter. I have used both and it tastes just as good.
ANGEL'S HEALTHY REESE CUP RECIPE
- 1/4 cup Choice of Almond or Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp of Coconut Oil
- Monk Fruit or Splenda for sweetness (add to taste)
- 2 tbsps Dark Chocolate drops or Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Drops
- Small Muffin pan and liners (depends on what size you want to make)
- Take your nut butter and place it in a bowl in the microwave with 15-second intervals until completely melted where you are able to stir easily.
- Add in your coconut oil and stir.
- Add sweetener
- In the smaller muffin liner, you will add around 2 tsp of the mixture
- Place pan in the freezer for 15 minutes or until hard
- Take chocolate and place in the microwave for 10-second intervals until melted.
- Get muffin pan back out and take a teaspoon place drops on the top of each frozen mixture
- Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Makes about 12 small cups ENJOY!
These Reese cups are not good if you are doing a low-calorie diet. If you are doing a fasting or keto-centered lifestyle these are perfect. Remember all in moderation.
Angel's Healthy Homemade Reese Cups
Blueberry Lemon Heaven - Recipe