Easy Homemade Donut Recipe (VIDEO)
It's National Donut Day and I am celebrating by sharing my super simple homemade biscuit dough donuts. They are delicious~What You'll Need:
- 1 Can of Biscuits (I like to use Grands)
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk (I like to use Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- Place medium size pot or frying pan on the stove and pour in vegetable oil (enough to cover biscuits) let oil heat up while preparing.
- Pop that can of biscuits and spread them out flat on a cookie sheet.
- Use a cookie cutter or cut out the center of the biscuit like a donut (keep the center pieces for donut holes).
- Place 3-4 biscuits in pot and watch closely these cook fast!
- Turn over when golden brown.
- Place on a plate with paper towel to soak up the oil.
- When you are done making the donuts place the center pieces in the oil for donut holes!
- Mix Confectioner's Sugar and milk together in a cup or bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Brush glaze on the donuts or place them into the bowl and roll.
You can also use ice cream sauces to dip your donuts if you do not want to make a glaze or add fresh fruit!
My kids love when I make these on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It is so much fun and creates great memories. And they are so YUMMY and easy to make!