Owensboro Woman Warns Community of Package Theft Around The Holidays
While it is not uncommon for a package to be stolen off someones front porch we would all like to think it doesn't happen right here in Owensboro. This isn't the case unfortunately and one woman is warning others!
I contacted officials with the Owensboro Police Department, they told me there has not been an influx of calls for theft but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
One friend commented they had the same thing happen just last week.
Send to a Different Address
A suggestion would be to have the packages delivered to your place of employment. This would lessen the chances of them being stolen or even let a neighbor know you are expecting a package so they can be on the lookout as well.
Get the Delivery Service App
You should also download the delivery services' app and track packages. You can have email or text alerts sent to you about your packages sent to you and you can give delivery instructions for the mail carrier if you won't be home when the package gets there.
- USPS Informed Delivery app
- UPS' My Choice program
- FedEx's Delivery Manager
You could also install the Ring Doorbell. Here is what it does;
- Works with Alexa to illuminate and send announcements to Echo devices when your doorbell is pressed or motion is detected, allowing you to hear and speak to visitors with two-way talk
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Sends alerts as soon as motion is detected or when visitors press the Doorbell
- Works on any home, with or without existing doorbell wires
- Monitors your home in HD video with infrared night vision
- Lets you check-in on your property at anytime with Live View on-demand video
- Includes Lifetime Theft Protection: If your Doorbell gets stolen, we’ll replace it for free
This is not meant to alarm anyone or cause panic. We just want to properly prepare everyone so they don't end up with stolen or missing packages anytime during the year, especially the holidays.