ROMP Fest 2018 Survival Guide
Campers are rolling into Yellowcreek Park as I type this blog! Many people plan for months in advance. If you are planning on attending ROMP here's some stuff you may want to know~
- ROMP happens rain or shine and all ticket and camping sales are final!
- Artist Line-up and Schedules are all subject to change.
- Be mindful of others and remember that large tents, umbrellas, and any other items that may block the view of the performers are not allowed.
- A shuttle will be available to take you to the Bluegrass Museum downtown and bring you back. Hours of operation are from 10 AM to 5 PM. ROMP wristband wearers admitted to the Museum free from June 27– July 1.
- There will be dancing and lots of it. The performers love it. If you plan to sit and watch you may want to sit back a bit.
- Set your phone for weather alerts at ‘42303’
- Wristbands must be worn. They will be checking wristbands throughout the entire festival event.
- Smoking is only permitted on the outskirts of the festival field.
- Swimming in the lake is prohibited.
- Private golf carts or 4-wheelers are not allowed at ROMP.
- No alcohol, drugs, or weapons are allowed in Yellow Creek Park.
- Everyone attending ROMP must turn right off of Highway 144 and go through the gate, regardless of whether you went through the gate earlier.
- Dogs are allowed in the park but must be on a leash. Owners must pick up all waste left by animals.
- You may bring your own food and drink to the park.
- The International Bluegrass Museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Keep everything locked up!
- There will be some shower facilities available. Showering in the spraypark is not allowed.
- If you purchase a single day ticket and then wish to stay additional days, go to the Main Gate to buy the proper wristband.
- Keep the park clean. Trash cans and recycling receptacles will be available.
- No open campfires. Grills permitted. Fires must be contained and above ground.
- Kids: bring swimsuits for the water spray park! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids 12 and under get free admission to the entire festival!
If you have children ROMP has a Kid's Zone with activities for the kids throughout the festival.